- Flesh and water of 1 young coconut, that’s about 1.5 cups after blending (alternatively you can use 1.5 cups of coconut milk)
- 2/3 cups quinoa flakes
- 1/3 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- Toppings: 2 TBSP unsweetened plain coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice), berries, seasonal fruits (grapes are so great with this), raw bee pollen (optional) and a bit more maple syrup if you wish.
- You can make this porridge overnight or on the stove top in 5 minutes.
- Crack open your young coconut, pour the water in a bowl and scoop out the flesh.
- Clean the flesh and add it to the blender with the coconut water, maple and vanilla. Blitz for few seconds.
- If you’re making this an overnight porridge, scoop out the coconut mix into a bowl and pour in the quinoa flakes. Stir it through, cover and place in the fridge. Magic will happen while you sleep.
- If you’re making in on the stove pot, pour the coconut mix into a small pot and warm it up on medium low heat (more low than medium). Add the quinoa flakes, let it come to a boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the flakes absorb some of the coconut liquid and soften up.
- When ready, add your toppings and enjoy either chilled (if made overnight) or warm (if made on the stove pot).
View the full recipe on Tales of a Kitchen.